Name and Office
Article 1: Association shall be named Kaiyo Town Tourist Association and its office shall be located in the Shishikui Tourist Terminal of Michi-no-Eki Shishikui Onsen.
Article 2: The purposes of Association shall be to promote tourism in Kaiyo Town and thereby contribute to the development of the culture and industry in the town.
Article 3: Association shall conduct the following operations to achieve the purposes mentioned in the preceding article:
- (1)Planning and promotion of tourism
- (2)Survey and research on tourist attractions and protection and development thereof
- (3)Advertisement and introduction of tourism and invitation and reception of tourists
- (4)Development, promotion and mediation of tourist souvenirs and specialties
- (5)Publication of printed matters regarding tourism
- (6)Survey and research on tourism
- (7)Other businesses necessary to achieve the purposes of Association
Article 4: The members of Association shall be regular members and associate members
- (1)The regular members shall be those who reside in Kaiyo Town and support the spirit of the above-mentioned Article 2 to achieve the purposes thereof.
- (2)The associate members shall be those who are other than the regular members and those who support the spirit of the above-mentioned Article 2 to achieve the purposes thereof, and they shall be recommended by members and approved by associate member selection at an officers’ meeting.
Article 5: The following officers shall be assigned to Association:
- (1)One chairperson
- (2)Two deputy chairpersons
- (3)A few directors
- (4)Two auditors
Election of Officers
Article 6: The chairperson, deputy chairpersons, directors and auditors shall be elected from the regular members at a general meeting.
Term of Office
Article 7: The term of office of officers shall be two (2) years. However, their reappointment shall not be prevented.
- (1)Among officers, the term of office of the officer who is appointed as a substitute shall be the remaining term of office of the predecessor.
Duties of Officers
Article 8: The chairperson shall represent Association and preside over all affairs of Association.
- (1)The deputy chairpersons shall assist the chairperson, and execute duties for the chairperson, if the chairperson may get involved in an accident.
- (2)The directors shall make deliberations on important affairs of Association.
- (3)The auditors shall audit affairs and accounts of Association.
Article 9: Advisers may be assigned in Association.
- (1)The advisers shall be referred to an officers’ meeting and commissioned by the chairperson.
- (2)The advisers may state their opinions in response to questions of the chairperson or by attending meetings.
Article 10: A few staff members shall be assigned to conduct general affairs and accounts of Association and they shall be appointed by the chairperson.
Payment of Expenses Required for Duties
Article 11: The officers shall be honorary posts. However, the expenses required for their duties may be paid.
Article 12: Meetings of Association shall be general meetings and officers’ meetings, and these meetings shall be convened by the chairperson.
Article 13: The general meeting shall be opened once every year and extraordinary general meetings may be convened as necessary.
- (1)General meetings shall be effected by the attendance of the majority of regular members, including their letters of attorney, and shall be decided by the majority of regular members. In the case of an equal number of votes, the decision shall be made by the chairperson.
Article 14: Officers’ meetings shall be convened whenever necessary and shall decide proposals to be submitted to general meetings and other important matters related to the operation of Association.
- (1)Officers’ meetings shall be effected by the attendance of the majority of officers and decisions thereof shall be made by the consent of the majority. In the case of an equal number of votes, the decision shall be made by the chairperson.
Matters to be Discussed by General Meeting
Article 15: The matters to be brought to general meetings for discussion shall be as follows:
- (1)Matters related to the alteration or abolition of the rules of Association
- (2)Matters related to budgets and settlement of accounts
- (3)Matters related to operation plans and reports
- (4)Matters related to the election and appointment of officers
- (5)Other important matters
Article 16: The expenses of Association shall be covered by membership fees, subsidies, donations .and other revenues.
Article 17: The members of the Association should pay the membership fees stipulated below:
- (1)Regular members and associate members shall pay the annual amount of 5,000 yen regardless of individuals, groups and legal persons.
- (2)The membership fees that have already been paid shall not be returned even though the members withdraw from the Association in the middle of the fiscal year.
Article 18: The fiscal year of Association shall begin on April 1 and end on March 31 of the following year.
Expulsion of member
Article 19: Those members who impair the honor of Association and violate the rules thereof may be expelled.
Article 20: The limit amount of borrowings shall be 500,000 yen and shall be undertaken by financial institutions in the town.
Article 21: The bylaws necessary to enforce the rules of Association shall be decided by officers’ meetings and then determined by the chairperson.
The rules of Association shall come into effect from June 29, 2006.
The rules of Association shall come into effect from May 24, 2019.
The rules of Association shall come into effect from May 20, 2021.