Oct. Nov. Dec.
Men dressed in white robes carry a mikoshi (portable shrine) from Todoroki Shrine and run down the 140 steep stone steps. Pass through the precincts of Ryuo-ji Temple, head for the waterfall, pass between the rocks, cross the river, and enter the basin of the waterfall.
- Date and Time
- Hirai Kaiyo-cho Kaifu-Gun Tokushima-ken
- 13:30 -
- Kainan drum (cancelled in case of light rain or rain)
Dance dedication of the dragon god
- 14:00 -
Departure of "Rampage Mikoshi" from Todoroki Shrine (throwing rice cakes in 2022 will be handed over)
Mikoshi parade to Todoroki Hontaki Shrine Entering the waterfall
- In 2022, the dedication of Kainan-daiko and Ryujin no Mai will be held from 1:30 pm. Please take precautions against infection by the new coronavirus, as the event may be crowded.
- Regarding the temporary parking lot in 2022, a temporary parking lot will be set up 500 meters away from the venue on the day.
*The shuttle bus will run to the venue from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (12:00 pm to 12:30pm no service).
*If you are coming by car, please park in the temporary parking lot.
- Kareidani Hirai Kaiyo Town, Kaifu District, Tokushima Prefecture
- Telephone number
- 0884-75-2216 (Todoroki Shrine)
- By car/ About 3 hours from Tokushima IC via National Route 11 → 55 → 193
Public Transportation: From JR Awa-Coast Station, take the town bus (Hirai Line) and get off at Todoroki Shrine (not in service on the 3rd day of the New Year)